The website and the “Octane” software application (“App”) you are using is provided by Veloce Motori Pty. Ltd. (ABN 57 623 417 774) (“Octane”, “we”, “our”, or “us”). Octane recognises the importance of maintaining the privacy of the personal information of the individuals we deal with in conducting our business.
information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in material form or not.
Personal information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment details (including credit card or bank account details) and/or other information that is necessary for the delivery of our services or products to you.
The purpose of this Policy is to:
- clearly communicate the personal information handling practices of Octane;
- enhance the transparency of Octane’s information collection processes; and
- give individuals a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal information that Octane holds, and the way Octane handles that information.
In the course of regular business activity, Octane will from time to time collect and otherwise handle your personal information.
If you do not want any of your data collected, you can stop using our Website, the App and/or our services and products at any time (subject to applicable contracts).
Octane generally collects personal information from you directly, for example including when you:
- create an account or sign up with Octane;
- use the Website;
- use the App;
- email us for any reason;
- contact us by telephone, email, fax or in person;
- provide us with personal information; or
- make a purchase(s) from Octane.
We do not generally take steps to:
- verify personal information about any individual disclosed to it; or
- seek additional personal information about any individual on the basis of information disclosed to it, except in circumstances where it is reasonably necessary for us to do so or as may be required by law, including (but not limited to) confirming the identity of an individual seeking access to personal information.
When collecting information from you – whether it be via the Website, the App, email, hardcopy or any other services – we will take reasonable steps to inform you of why we are collecting the information, the purposes for which we intend to use that information and to whom it may be disclosed.
Any personal information collected by Octane will be used for the purpose for which it was given to us, for purposes which are directly related to those purposes, for purposes which you have otherwise consented to, or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Octane may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify you as a user of our products and/or services;
- to supply our products and services to you;
- to run future marketing campaigns including email marketing;
- to send promotional or other information about our products and services through e-mail, postal mail or some other means unless you otherwise instruct us to cease or refrain from sending you such information;
- to send you communications in connection with our products and/or services unless you otherwise instruct us to cease or refrain from sending you such information;
- to monitor and improve our products and/or services;
- to process any inquiries you have about Octane;
- to ensure compliance with our statutory obligations.
We may disclose information we hold to:
- our directors, officers, employees and agents; or
- service providers and contractors who help us provide the services; or
- third parties for the purpose of marketing; or
- a law enforcement agency if we are requested to do so by that agency in relation to suspected unlawful activity.
Octane does not otherwise provide personal information to any other organisations, government agencies or third parties except in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We are not likely to disclose the personal information we hold to any overseas recipients of whom we are aware are located outside Australia, except as required or permitted by law or where we may use an overseas server to host some or all of our business data, including personal information.
Direct marketing communications
We may contact you using the contact details which you provide to us in order to provide you with direct marketing communications about our products, services and business, in accordance with the law.
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by contacting us using the details set out below.
Where applicable, we may handle personal information relying on exemptions under the Privacy Act and at law, including but not limited to, the related bodies corporate exemption and the employee exemption.
You can access your personal information via your account profile.
You may also request access to our records of your personal information by contacting us using the details set out below under “Contact” (subject to some exceptions).
We will respond to a request for access to personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made.
In the event Octane holds personal information about you and:
- Octane is satisfied that the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading; or
- You request the information be corrected;
Octane will take reasonable steps to correct the information to ensure that it is accurate, up to date, relevant and not misleading.
Octane will respond to a request for correction of personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made.
Storage and Security
Octane store personal information collected physically and/or electronically and has processes in place to endeavour to ensure the security of your personal information, such as secure servers with encrypted access.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If your personal information is no longer needed, Octane will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to destroy and permanently de-identify the personal information.
The Website and the App contains links to other “Octane” social media websites.
Please note the Website and the App may contain links to other external websites. Octane is not affiliated with these sites and accordingly has no control over – and is not responsible for – their content, privacy practice or other policies.
Your privacy is very important to us. For that reason, if you have any questions or concerns about how Octane safeguards your privacy, or if you wish to access or amend personal information we hold about you, please make a request in writing.
All correspondence should be directed to:
P.O. Box 625,
Port Melbourne, Victoria, 3207
Fax: +61 3 8678 3184